Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are long term development awards administered by AusAID. ADS aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
ADS are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
Application Dates And Process
The current application round opens on 12 March and closes on 17 August 2012.
Applications must be submitted in hardcopy and will not be considered after this date.
- Check that you meet ADS criteria
- Make 2 copies of your ADS application form (application form and required documents)
- Certify that the copies made of the academic transcript, university qualification certificate and English language proficiency certificate are true and accurate (legalized with original stamp)
- Submit 3 hardcopies of the completed ADS application form (1x original, 2x copies) and required documents by 17 August 2012
What happens after application?
- December : Successful and non-successful shortlisted candidates are notified of their IELTS test date and JST interview date on January the following year
- January : IELTS test and JST interview conducted
- February : Result of interview communicated to shortlisted candidate
- March : Pre-Departure Training commences for awardees with IELTS 6.5 or more
Complete Documentation Required in Your Application:
- Birth certificate (3 copies)
- KTP (3 copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (3 copies)
- IELTS or TOEFL English language test results obtained no earlier than 2011. TOEFL Prediction Test is not acceptable and submission of this test will make your application INELIGIBLE. (1 original and 2 certified copies)
- Certified university certificate (3 copies)
- Certified university academic transcript (3 copies)
- Master’s applicants must include S-1 university documentation;
- PhD applicants must include S-2 university documentation;
- PhD applicants must include a reference from an S-2 supervisor;
- PhD applicants must include Research Proposal Details (page 7 application form)
Additional documentation required if shortlisted for an interview:
- Recent photograph (3cm x 4cm);
- Certified English language translation of Indonesian university certificate;
- Certified English language translation of Indonesian university academic transcript;
- List of relevant publications (if applicable);
- Certified English language translation of birth certificate.
Further information about ADS could be found at: http://australiaawardsindo.or.id