Darmasiswa is a one-year non-degree scholarship program offered by the Indonesian government to all foreign students from countries that have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study the Indonesian language, arts, and culture. Participants can choose to study in one of the selected universities in different cities. The program is organized by the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in Cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
The main purpose of the Darmasiswa program is to promote and increase interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among youth from other countries. The program is also designed to enhance mutual understanding and provide stronger cultural ties among different countries.
- Settlement allowance given during orientation
- Accommodation during orientation in Jakarta
- Domestic transportation from Jakarta to host university
- Monthly allowance of Rp 2,450,000
Participants are advised to bring either cash money or an international credit card to meet incidental expenditures during their stay in Indonesia.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Not more than 30 years old
- Able to communicate in English and additional Indonesian language is preferred
- In good health proven by medical certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying for
Prospective students are required to register at the Embassy/Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in their country of origin. Students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries.
Remember to choose Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) as the university you intend to study in.
Applicants must submit the following required documents:
- Completed admission application form
- Two official recommendation letters written in English
- Copy of academic transcript and certificates (English)
- Copy passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
- Basic Curriculum Vitae
- Passport size color photographs
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS)
All documents must be submitted to the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General.
ARRIVAL IN INDONESIA
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide return international airfares to Indonesia. Domestic transportation from Jakarta to host university will be provided, however, domestic transportation from host university to Jakarta after completion of study must be borne by students.
Every international student studying in UNS is expected to hold an international health insurance. International students who do not have international health insurance are required to apply for a health insurance in Indonesia as soon as they arrive.
For information related to Darmasiswa Program in UNS, email us at email@example.com.
Darmasiswa Scholarship Secretariat
Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation
Ministry of Education and Culture
C Building, 6th Floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta
Telp./Fax. (+62-21) 5724707
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com