We know that it is not always easy to scrounge up funds to be able to participate in international academic activities abroad.
For that reason, Universitas Sebelas Maret through the International Office created the “Global Challenge 2017” program to provide grants to help students get to programs around the world that will enhance their academic experience.
- The program is open to UNS undergraduate and graduate students from all academic disciplines who are enrolled full-time during the term for which they are applying for the award
- Students must be Indonesian citizens. Those who hold foreign citizenships are not eligible
- Students should be in good academic standing. Although there is no formal minimum GPA requirement to apply, priority will be given to students with strong academic records and students with records of academic improvement over time
- The award is offered to students who intend to participate and have been accepted in academic related programs abroad that meet the following criteria:
– Participation in an international conference as a presenter
– Professional internship in official institutions or universities
– Summer/short course conducted by a prominent higher education institution
– Academic and skill-based competition or contest
Assessment and Reporting
- Selected candidates are requested to regularly post updates of their activities during the program to their social media accounts using the hashtag #UNSGlobalChallenge.
- Upon completion, participants are required to write a report and submit it to UNS International Office.
- Upon returning to Solo, participants are expected to share their experience to other UNS students through a sharing event conducted by UNS International Office.
How to Apply
Complete and send us the following application requirements:
- A copy of your valid student ID card
- A basic Curriculum Vitae
- A brief description of the program you expect to participate in
- A copy of formal letter of acceptance or other official letter/document that indicate your participation in the particular program
- A project proposal that does not exceed five (5) pages of A4 paper, single-spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman font and normal margins.
The proposal must answer the following questions:
– What are your objectives and your reasons for wanting to participate in the program you expect to join?
– How will your participation in the particular program assist you in achieving your academic goals and make a significant contribution to your field of study?
– How will you contribute to UNS after finishing the program and returning to Indonesia?
– How will you use the award? Create a detailed budget plan.
- A letter of support from your lecturer/advisor
The documents must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org attached as PDF files. Write “UNS Global Challenge 2017” on the Subject line of the email. Please check your documents carefully prior to submission. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
Please pay attention to file naming system to your attached documents below:
Full Name _Type of Document.pdf
Example: John Doe_Program Description.pdf
April 5-May 14, 2017: Application submission
May 16-20, 2017: Selection process
May 23, 2017: Notification for selected candidates
May 26, 2017: Interview
May 27, 2017: Final notification for successful candidates