BAHASA INDONESIA BAGI PENUTUR ASING (BIPA)
INDONESIAN LANGUAGE COURSE FOR FOREIGNERS
UNS Language Center offers Indonesian Language Course for Foreigners (Bahasa Indonesia bagi Penutur Asing/BIPA) which gives access for anyone who are interested in learning Bahasa Indonesia. The curriculum is designed from basic levels that provide greater chances for foreigners who are eager to study the language even without any previous knowledge about Bahasa Indonesia.
The BIPA program is divided into 4 (four) Basic levels and 2 (two) Academic levels. Basic levels will give students an understanding of language skills of Indonesian language including speaking, listening, reading and grammar as well as the distinctive and various cultures of Indonesia. Academic levels will prepare the students to practice Indonesian language for academic purposes.
The duration of the BIPA program is approximately 10 (ten) months. The classes generally starts in September and finishes in June of the following year. Upon completion, successful students will receive certificates from UNS to certify their competence in mastering Indonesian language. The certificate can be used to apply for any degree program in UNS.
– Basic level : IDR 5,000,000 (consisting of 4 levels)
– Academic level : IDR 3,000,000 (consisting of 2 levels)
How to Apply
Complete and send us the following application requirements:
1. Application Form (download)
2. Basic Curriculum Vitae
3. Certified true copy of most recent diploma/educational certificate
4. Medical statement from hospital or general practitioner
5. Proof of health insurance (admitted students who do not have health insurance are required to apply for a health insurance in Indonesia as soon as they are admitted)
6. Copy of all stamped pages of current valid passport with an expiration date of at least two (2) years
7. Recent photograph
The documents must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: email@example.com attached as PDF files and the photograph as JPEG file.
Once a student is admitted, UNS will issue a conditional Letter of Acceptance (LoA) and an official letter to apply for a Social/Cultural Visit Visa (Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya/VKSB) at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the respective country. The visa is valid for 60 days after the arrival date in Indonesia, extendable four times, and must be extended every month. The fee for one-time visa extension is IDR 455,000.
All international students will hold a VKSB until the Indonesian Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI) issue a valid Study Permit. The Study Permit is then required to apply for a Limited Stay Permit (Izin Tinggal Terbatas/ITAS). The process of Study Permit and ITAS application takes approximately 2-3 months and will cost IDR 4,400,000. It is no longer necessary to extend your VKSB as soon as your Study Permit is issued.
UNS International Office provides all the necessary assistance for visa and study permit application process.
• UNS is not responsible for the sponsorship of the family/dependent of students; students holding a limited stay permit (ITAS) can be the sponsor of their own family/dependent.
• Tourist visa is not applicable for international students. Students arriving with tourist visa should consult to International Office to process a valid visa.
• Students should be aware of all Indonesian immigration procedures after arrival including the rights and obligations as foreign nationals studying in UNS, Solo.
• Further questions and inquiries can be addressed to UNS International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 1st Application opens
June 30th Deadline for application submission
Early July Application processing and review
Mid July Notification of missing documents
End of July Admission notification
Students are expected to arrive in Indonesia by the end of August