UNS Cultural Course is a 2-week course for people who have little or no knowledge of Indonesian and Javanese culture and language. The course aims to introduce the language, culture, and life of the people of Indonesia, especially Java, to students from all over the world to help them achieve a better understanding of the Indonesian people.
The courses will be taught in English. In this program, lessons in class are combined with an afternoon program of cultural trips and activities. The syllabus is designed for foreigners who need basic information and knowledge about Indonesian and Javanese Culture. The result of the learning process can be used for multiple purposes for both academic and professional reasons.
- Providing a basic knowledge of the history of Java and Indonesia, Javanese and Indonesian society, language and culture, and cultural arts.
- Introducing important and interesting historical sites in order to develop knowledge and understanding of Indonesian diverse culture, especially Javanese.
- Giving the opportunity for foreigners to observe, learn about, and get involved in the natural, social, and cultural heritage in Central Java.
- Giving participants a comprehensive and practical understanding of Indonesian—particularly Javanese—culture and traditions as well as contribute to fostering international friendships.
The course is open to non-Indonesian citizens who are currently active as university/college students or researchers and to the international public interested in Indonesian and Javanese arts, culture, language, history and society (those who hold Indonesian citizenship are not eligible).
- Completed online application form (click here)
- Copy of passport (jpeg. or pdf.)
- Recommendation letter, written by members of the academic staff at the educational institute where you studied or are studying (pdf.)
- Health certificate completed by a registered physician, confirming your ability to study (jpeg. or pdf.)
The participation fee is USD 500. The fee includes all events and excursions, meals 3 times a day, accommodation, and course materials. Medical and accident insurance are not included in the program fee. Participants need to cover their own costs of medical care. It is highly advisable for participants to hold a valid international health insurance. In addition, participants are advised to bring either cash money or an international credit card to meet incidental expenditures during their stay in Indonesia.
Payment is made via bank transfer to:
Account Name : RPL 028 UNTUK DANA KELOLAAN BLU
Account Number : 0122705399
Bank Name : Bank Negara Indonesia – Universitas Sebelas Maret Branch
Swift Code : BNINIDJA
Subject : CULTURAL COURSE
Please send your transfer receipt along with the other required documents via email to email@example.com. A payment confirmation will be sent by email after the payment is made. The application can only be processed after the participation fee has been paid.
June 30, 2018 is the deadline for application for the 2018 academic year.