Monbukagakusho Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program offered the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT). This scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses. In Indonesia, the registration and selection process for the Monbukagakusho scholarship is carried out by the Embassy of Japan.
Student Research Program for College Graduates
One of the programs offered to university faculty staffs in Indonesia is the Student Research Program for college graduates. This program is intended for those interested in research student programs in universities in Japan. The programs also allows the recipients to apply for a Graduate Degree Program (Master’s and/or PhD) given that they passed their assigned University’s entrance examination.
To be elligible to apply for this program, applicants must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates) or must have completed 16 years of schooling.
Prospective students are also allowed to apply for the degree program without joining research student programs, under the condition that they have already gained acceptance from the assigned university.
Scholarships are awarded without a bond, covering tuition and living expenses.
- Application Form (downloadable)
- Field of Study and Research Program (downloadable)
- Recent photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Copy of legalized academic transcripts
- Copy of legalized diploma or certificate of graduation
- Letter of recommendation from university (form can be downloaded)
- Letter of recommendation from company for those who are employed (form can be downloaded)
- Abstract of Thesis
- Photos of the works / recordings for those who pursue degree in arts
- Copy of TOEFL results
The documents should be submitted/sent directly to the Education Section of the Embassy of Japan in Jakarta.
The opening date of Monbukagakusho Scholarship is usually during April to May each year.
Further information about Monbukagakusho Scholarship could be found at: