Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) invites prospective international students to study in UNS through self-funding and UNS Scholarship scheme. UNS Scholarship provides a tuition fee waiver for new international students seeking a bachelor, master, and doctor degree. However, UNS Scholarship is not available for study programs in the Faculty of Medicine or Medical Sciences.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR UNS SCHOLARSHIP
- Be non-Indonesian citizens (those who hold Indonesian citizenships are not eligible)
- Show a strong interest in seeking a full-time degree program at UNS
- Be willing and able to attend an interview over a video call
- Be at maximum of 22 years old by July 2021 (for bachelor program)
COVERAGE OF UNS SCHOLARSHIP
At the moment, UNS Scholarship only covers tuition fee waiver and does not assist with any other fees/costs. Students are thoroughly responsible for all fees and expenses such as airfare, visas and immigration fees, accommodation, meal, transportation, daily living cost, health insurance, and other personal expenses. The scholarship is given in the form of tuition fee waiver, meaning that students will not receive cash from UNS.
RESPONSIBILITY OF UNS SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEE
All awardees of UNS Scholarship must:
- comply with Indonesian laws and regulations, university’s regulations, and other associated regulations
- attend all lectures and academic activities held by university, study program, and faculty
- achieve minimum GPA 2,00 in every semester
- finish their study on time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF UNS SCHOLARSHIP
UNS cholarship is granted with the following terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is given for 8 semesters for bachelor program, 4 semesters for master program, and 6 semesters for doctoral program. Awardee has to pay the tuition fee if they cannot finish their study after the scholarship has reached the duration.
- The scholarship can be terminated if awardee cannot maintain minimum GPA or violates the regulation of university and Indonesian law.
- Transfer to other study program or faculty is not allowed.
- Awardee who resigns from UNS have to pay back the tuition fee waiver that has been granted.
DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The following documents are required for student admission:
- Recent formal photograph
- Colour scan of valid passport having at least 18 months of validity (cover page & identity page)
- Certificate of graduation from the latest education institution (in English or Indonesian language)
- Academic transcripts from the latest education institution (in English or Indonesian language)
- Medical statement (in English or Indonesian language)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Financial statement
- Personal statement
- Certificate of Indonesian language proficiency (optional but strongly preferred)
- Certificate of English language proficiency (obligatory for master and doctoral degree)
- Letter of recommendation #1, from a lecturer/professor or work supervisor (only for master and doctor degree)
- Letter of recommendation #2, from a lecturer/professor or work supervisor (only for master and doctoral degree)
- Preliminary research proposal to be developed into a dissertation (only for doctoral degree)
All documents must be uploaded via online application form.
Document formats or samples are provided on the online application at “Upload Document” section.
|February 17 – April 30, 2021||:||Online application|
|May 3 – 6, 2021||:||Administrative selection|
|May 7, 2021||:||Notification for selected candidates|
|May 19 – 21, 2021||:||Interview|
|May 31, 2021||:||Final notification for successful candidates|
To proceed to the online application, click HERE